About Us: The purpose of the Highland Park High School Ambassadors is to serve as the face of HPHS. They are a select group of student leaders who are trained to assist with important public relations and communication services for HPHS. The Ambassadors inform students and parents about HPHS’s programs, including academics and extra-curricular opportunities. They personalize the campus by making visitors feel welcome and comfortable by demonstrating sincerity, enthusiasm, credibility, interest and helpfulness. The Ambassadors is an organization that exists to support HPHS through professional service while upholding and sharing its rich traditions. The HPHS Ambassadors program was started by the HPHS Counseling Department in 2012 to help meet the demands of making our guests and students (both current and new) feel more a part of HPHS.
- Applications for HP Ambassadors open in the spring semester and can be picked up in the counselor's office.
- Students applying are required to complete and submit a form with an essay in the Counseling Department by the application deadline.
- Finalists will be asked to set up an appointment for an interview.
- No application fee is required.
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to serve
- School pride
- Knowledge of school campus and traditions
- Passing grades in all classes
- Perfect disciplinary record
- Commitment to follow Student Code of Conduct
Meet Us: Ambassadors meet once per month during 4th, 5th, or 6th period, unless there are extraordinary circumstances. Most meetings take place in the school planetarium, but Dr. Conner, Mrs. McMinn, and Mrs. Snoddy will let students know in advance.