C.H.O.W. Combating Hunger Our Way
About Us: Bringing together fellow HP students who want to give back to our city through various volunteer and service opportunities regarding feeding those in our community who are less fortunate.
Members: Anyone who would like to join C.H.O.W. please contact either of the Co-Presidents, Meredith Jordan or Anna Walker at any time.
Officers: Anyone interested in becoming an officer will need to fill out an officer interest form handed out and turned in over the course of one of the spring meetings. Officers will be selected by the Presidents in the spring of the school year. Officers will hold their positions for 1 school year. To be an officer in the club, you must meet the following criteria:
- Current club dues have been paid
- Complete the ‘Officer Interest’ form
- Plan to attend at least 75% of club meetings/activities during the school year
- Each member must attend Highland Park High School, pay the initial fee of $20, and download the free GroupMe app.
- Each member must pay the club fee of $20, which includes the price of a t-shirt if ordered.
Meet Us: C.H.O.W. club meets the last Thursday of every month at 7:45 a.m. in Mrs. Hermanski's room (unless stated otherwise by the presidents). Reminders of the meetings will be sent out to members via GroupMe. These meetings are not mandatory, but attendance is highly encouraged.